Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

A Poem To Begin

Autumn Sunset in Dalian, China 2009
I believe that Poetry and Fly-Fishing are often intertwined. So, I begin this blog with a poem that is very relevant to me and hopefully my readers as well.  Here is one for the road.  I hope you enjoy...

"A Traveler's Night"

A traveler's sleep never arrives,
yet the autumnal sky refuses to dawn.
I roll up the curtain and see a shadow of leftover moon,
stack my pillows high and listen to the far off river.
I'm at my wit's end for clothes and food.
At road's end my life depends on friends.
My old wife has brushed many letters to me
and knows the emotion of this unreturned traveler.

-Written By Du Fu (712-770)
source: "The Anchor Book of Chinese Poetry"
edited by Tony Barnstone and Chou Ping
ISBN: 0-385-72198-6


No comments:

Post a Comment